In most cases, coverage gaps and capacity bottlenecks can easily be identified around certain hotspots, mostly near congested macro sites. However, the candidate locations need to be assessed carefully by taking business targets as well as CapEx and OpEx limitations into consideration, which will require operators to prioritize new site deployments.
P.I. Works solution helps operators find the optimum number and locations of required base stations based on the coverage and capacity requirements, budget limitations, marketing inputs and business targets.
Solution for Managing Complexity and Densification
Solution is able to utilize any data sources and coordinate information as given below:
- Radio Network KPI
- Backhaul Metrics
- Crowdsourced Data (including competitors’ service quality metrics)
- CEM / CDR Data- CRM (customer complaints)
- RF Propagation Data
- Revenue Data
- Point of Interest
Following design and capacity planning use cases are delivered through P.I. Works solution. Built-in traffic forecasting and interference reduction functions minimize long-term optimization and capacity expansion needs.
- High precision small cell location selection
- Carrier addition planning
- Roll-out planning (e.g. LTE rollout planning)
- Capacity expansion planning (e.g. power, license addition)
- Site removal planning
Determining the best site locations for new cells will lead to improved customer experience and lower OpEx and CapEx.